Ostend - Belgium
Daikin Europe is looking for a Technical Information Security Officer for its EMEA IT Centre in Ostend.
The IT Centre EMEA is the headquarter for IT solutions within the Daikin group including all subsidiary companies in the EMEA-region (about 20 sales affiliates and 5 main factories). The IT Centre consists out of 3 departments: IT Planning, IT Development and IT Infrastructure.
The vacancy is situated in the IT Risk and Compliance section, part of the IT Planning department.
You will work primarily together with 2 colleagues in the Information Security domain.
Daikin is promoting M&A and alliances in order to expand business, and the importance of globally standardized IT governance and security management is rising. In addition, business (Sales, Service, Manufacturing) takes more and more initiatives to develop IT systems, such as development of energy management and environmental measures solutions that utilize IoT and cloud technologies. As a consequence, the importance of security management has increased.
As Technical Information Security Officer you are responsible for defining and maintaining the information security program and for identifying, evaluating and reporting on legal, IT and cybersecurity risks to information assets.
With the team, you also need to ensure on a continuous way that information systems are build, maintained and operated in a secure mode, compliant with legal, internal rules and contractual obligations.
You will analyse security incidents and define counter-measures to prevent them in future.
In case of a serious incident, you will advise the operations team in the steps to follow to contain the damage caused and next in the steps to follow to recover and getting back into normal operation.
Exact (scope of) responsibilities will be in function of your exact experience and skills.
After an introduction to the company, and more specifically the IT organization and our current IT architecture, your main tasks will be:
- Execute internal audits and checks on adherence to the defined Information security policies and development guidelines.
- Setting-up a reporting structure to inform management on our Information security status (relevant KPI’s, security health dashboard).
- Check Project charters and prescribe the required security set-up according our policies.
- Intervene in and analyse security incidents and propose countermeasures to prevent them.
- You will follow latest IT technology and trends in the IT security area and suggest additional IT security related infrastructure and/ or services.
- You have a master degree (Informatics, Economist, Engineer, Law or equal) or a Bachelor degree with proven experience.
- You have functional knowledge about typical IT security related infrastructure like f.e. firewalls and also the experience to log on to those systems to f.e. look to the log files or settings
(implementing these infrastructure however is not part of your job)
- You work accurately with an eye for details with IT colleagues but you are also able to communicate clearly on high level with business senior management.
- You have the necessary self-discipline to define your own job and planning.
- You have communicative skills in English and Dutch
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.
Interested to join our team?
Register yourself at www.daikin.eu/jobs. Just follow the instructions and your application will be automatically sent to us.
IT Centre EMEA consists out of 3 departments:
IT Planning makes up the long term IT planning in line with the company strategy. Large projects and projects with focus on innovation are initiated and followed up by this department.
IT Development manages these projects in cooperation with different involved parties. Also proposals for improvement are developed and implemented under the form of ‘Change requests’.
In IT Development, there are 2 competence centres, 1 in Belgium and 1 in Spain
IT Infrastructure is responsible for all of the IT infrastructure developments via projects as well as via smaller changes. Within this department the section IT Operations takes care of the first line support towards the end-users.
Daikin Europe N.V.
Daikin Europe N.V. is the European headquarters of the Japanese company, Daikin Industries Ltd. We design, manufacture and distribute air conditioning and heating systems for commercial, residential and industrial applications. Our headquarters are located in Brussels and Ostend, but through our sales networks we also have a presence throughout Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
We are the market leader in the field of air conditioning and also offer Total Comfort Solutions in the fields of cooling, heating, ventilation and related techniques.
In addition, as a company we are constantly expanding, with extensive international contacts, a pleasant, stimulating working environment, extensive training and coaching, ... Daikin Europe N.V. has many trump cards. However, our highly motivated employees are our greatest asset. That is why we are always looking for new talent.
Rhône-Alpes/Auvergne - France
BRON - France