Ghent - Belgium
Daikin Gent is looking for an experienced Project Leader for embedded application software development. As a project leader you’ll be in charge of the planning, the organisation, and the follow-up of software development projects in an innovative and dynamic environment.
Are you passionate about embedded SW development?
Are you eager to learn practices of SW project management and products development?
Well, then you are the person we are looking for the reinforce our team.
As a Project Leader these will be your main responsibilities:
- Analysing requirements and preparing design documents.
- Define the software architecture, based on input form the other departments and by collaborating with other teams.
- Hand-over design documents (as work packages) to subcontractors & SW suppliers and agree on SW delivery schedule.
- Working closely with other involved parties to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
- Contribute on installing the ‘best practices’ for software development and documentation.
- Select SW Tools, Methodology and coding rules, strictly following desired targets.
- Define main technical choices for SW development: Select the technical solutions and decide on the ‘how’ to implement.
- Maintain and improve SW of existing products.
- Provide technical leadership to the team on embedded SW application and infrastructure design, integrating applications with existing environments, ongoing performance optimization, and process improvement.
- Maintain high quality of the SW by following rules and requirements of CI/CD.
- Report periodically on the progress to the involved parties and to the stakeholders. (according to Daikin internal development process)
- You have a Master’s degree or PhD in Electronics or IT.
- You are fascinated by embedded software and have experience of min. 5 years.
- You have good level of coding skills (C-embedded, C++). Knowledge of python is a good plus.
- Deep understanding of embedded programming.
- You have initial experience as SW project manager, as scrum master or product owner.
- You have good communication skills.
- Flexible and have a result-driven approach
- Eager to learn, autonomous and able to adapt to fast changing environments.
The Product Development Department develops products for the various Daikin pillars and factories in Europe. A specific aspect of the product development is the design of the electrical and electronic controls. The Electrics section is responsible for this.
Daikin Europe N.V. is the European headquarters of the Japanese company, Daikin Industries Ltd. We design, manufacture and distribute air conditioning and heating systems for commercial, residential and industrial applications. Our headquarters are located in Ghent, Brussels and Ostend, but through our sales networks we also have a presence throughout Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
We are the market leader in the field of air conditioning and also offer Total Comfort Solutions in the fields of cooling, heating, ventilation and related techniques.
In addition, as a company we are constantly expanding, with extensive international contacts, a pleasant, stimulating working environment, extensive training and coaching, ... Daikin Europe N.V. has many trump cards. However, our highly motivated employees are our greatest asset. That is why we are always looking for new talent.
At Daikin you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together and develop. We can offer you a permanent contract. From the very beginning you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefits.
Location: Technologiepark Zwijnaarde 19, 9052 Ghent
Interested in strengthening our team?
Apply directly through LinkedIn or send your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rhône-Alpes/Auvergne - France
BRON - France