Ghent - Belgium
Daikin Gent is hiring a Project leader for Software Development for Cloud Solutions.
As a Project leader you’ll be in charge for the design and development of cloud solutions and related software for different Daikin products ranges.
You’ll be in charge to overview the entire project from beginning to implementation. The goal of your efforts is to ensure that all projects are delivered on time and on budget
Interested by IoT and app/web development? Want to work in an office” with a view “nearby Gent? Capable of thinkig on a conceptual level? But most of all, do you a have real coordination and communication skills? 3 times yes !?! Don’t look any further and apply here!
As a Project Leader within our European Development Center, you won’t be the person who will code anymore. You’ll be our internal project coordinator and make sure that are project are delivered on time, within scope and budget.
As a project leader, you’ll be in charge of:
- The development, prototyping and the third line support for smartphone applications, web applications and cloud software.
- The formulation of software and user interface specifications in line with the requirements you capture with the business.
- The follow-up and coordination of our collaboration with our external partners for software development in order to make sure they deliver correctly
- Following technological evolutions within your field of expertise and formulate proposals to include them in our developments.
- The coordination within the entire project between the different stakeholders, the internal resources as the third party contacts.
- You have a Master Degree in Electronics or IT
- You are interested in software development
- You have a first relevant experience with project management/project lead
- You have a strong interest or a proven track record in subjects like:
- Internet of Things
- Machine to machine communication
- App/web development
- You are a team player who is driven to find solutions for technical requirements and specific client enquiries
- You are capable of thinking on a conceptual level
- You have an innovative mindset
At Daikin you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together and develop. We can offer you a permanent contract. From the very beginning you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefits.
Location: Technologiepark Zwijnaarde 19, 9052 Ghent
Interested in strengthening our team?
Send your application through LinkedIn or to email@example.com.
Short after the establishment of the European Design Center (EDC), the EMEA Electrics and control department was created. It is one of the fastest growing departments in order to facilitate and ensure the strong future growth of Daikin. This department is located in Gent, Technology Park.
Today the role of this new department is twofold:
1. Develop embedded software & hardware: we develop and cooperate with external partners to enhance our products, keeping them amongst the best in the industry. Also we prepare them to connect to each other to step into the Internet of Things (IoT) era. Typical examples are: a new MMI on our Altherma products, gateways to connect to our cloud and Apps anda stylish new hotel thermostat with App control.
2. Cloud and App development: we are developing together with our partners our cloud platform to control and monitor our complete product range. Especially for the residential market, we are in the process to incorporate the products into one App. Typical examples are: the Daikin Online controller App and the Daikin Cloud Service for our commercial products..
These developments are only possible with the help of the supporting sections: Innovation & maintenance and testing & infrastructure.
Daikin Europe N.V. is the European headquarters of the Japanese company, Daikin Industries Ltd. We design, manufacture and distribute air conditioning and heating systems for commercial, residential and industrial applications. Our headquarters are located in Ghent, Brussels and Ostend, but through our sales networks we also have a presence throughout Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
We are the market leader in the field of air conditioning and also offer Total Comfort Solutions in the fields of cooling, heating, ventilation and related techniques.
In addition, as a company we are constantly expanding, with extensive international contacts, a pleasant, stimulating working environment, extensive training and coaching, ... Daikin Europe N.V. has many trump cards. However, our highly motivated employees are our greatest asset. That is why we are always looking for new talent.
Rhône-Alpes/Auvergne - France
BRON - France