Ostend - Belgium
The Product Development Department is part of the EMEA Development Centre. For new developments the engineers communicate and collaborate closely with the related manufacturing and design groups to develop new technologies from initial concept to prototype.
Daikin recently established “advanced development” groups, focusing on either heating or air conditioning products. While the other development teams focus more on improving and adjusting existing products of the Daikin range, the advanced development groups initiate the design of new products and span the entire design process from innovation to prototyping. The advanced teams focus on pre-study, FMEA analysis, design and validation through proof of concept.
As control systems engineer, you will be involved in the advanced development of heating products, taking into account the requirements of the different stakeholders (sales, manufacturing…). You will closely collaborate with our EMEA Electrics & Control engineers.
Your responsibilities are:
- Generate new design solutions from initial concept to prototype to meet the market requirements
- Seek continuous improvement opportunities for Daikin products taking into account quality, delivery and cost optimization, standardization, compatibility..
- Study of the software related challenges in the development of new heating products
- Schematic visualization of a product’s thermodynamic logic
- Design and create computational modelling in order to optimize the thermodynamic processes and find better performing machine codes
- Analyse the product’s needs, target goals and topologies – delivered by the thermodynamic design engineers – and translate into software description and programmable language
- Determine the target parameters, specifications and requirements to support the Electrics & Control engineers to define and write the adequate algorithms
- Prepare system documentation containing pseudo-code before actual development in accordance with the quality standards
- Ensure accurate, clear and detailed software documentation
- Take ownership of your projects (coordinate activities, set up and implement action plans, budget control, guard deadlines, identify and solve potential bottlenecks, ensure timely communication to all parties involved..)
- Lead technical discussions with internal clients and external suppliers/manufacturers
- Discuss regularly the technical status and progress with your management
- Providing training to engineers with respect to your field of expertise
- You have a Master engineering degree in (applied) computer science or electromechanics
- This position is open to candidates with 3 – 5 years of experience
- You have a strong interest in thermodynamics and mechatronics
- You have a creative mind and eager to look for innovative solutions
- You have a solid analytical background and problem solving mindset
- Knowledge of machine learning is nice to have, but is no focus in this position
- You are able to work in an autonomous manner and to take initiative
- You enjoy playing an active role in projects and you have the requisite self-discipline to draw up timetables, set priorities and guard deadlines
- You master the art of constructive dialogue
- Good knowledge of English is essential
At Daikin you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together and develop. We can offer you a permanent contract. From the very beginning you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefits.
Interested in strengthening our team?
Send your application letter and CV, preferably by email, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or register at www.daikin.eu/jobs Follow the instructions and your CV will be automatically transmitted to us.
Maybe see you soon, because think about it… Daikin’s got the talent!
Daikin Europe N.V.
Daikin Europe N.V. is the European headquarters of the Japanese company, Daikin Industries Ltd. We design, manufacture and distribute air conditioning and heating systems for commercial, residential and industrial applications. Our headquarters are located in Brussels and Ostend, but through our sales networks we also have a presence throughout Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
We are the market leader in the field of air conditioning and also offer Total Comfort Solutions in the fields of cooling, heating, ventilation and related techniques.
In addition, as a company we are constantly expanding, with extensive international contacts, a pleasant, stimulating working environment, extensive training and coaching, ... Daikin Europe N.V. has many trump cards. However, our highly motivated employees are our greatest asset. That is why we are always looking for new talent. Maybe you will become a new pioneer for Daikin in innovative technology, and will help to improve the comfort of millions of people!
Rhône-Alpes/Auvergne - France
BRON - France